We Help You Have the Best Party!
- What staff support will I have for my party?
- What if we have more than 8 children for a Birthday Room rental?
- Is admission to the museum included in the price of my party?
- Can my guests stay in the Museum after my party?
- Can we have decorations?
- Can we use the kitchen in the Annex?
- Can we bring our own food and drinks?
- Is there parking for our guests?
- Where can we unload our party goods?
- Can you store my party goods before the party?
- Can you provide gift bags?
- Do you provide invitations?
- Do you offer catering, food, or cake deliveries?
What staff support will I have for my party?
Both the Birthday Party Room and the Private Party rentals will have a staff person prepare the space and check in with you periodically during your party. The on-site Operations Manager is available at all times to assist as needed; please ask at the Front Desk.
The Exclusive Museum rental will have a dedicated staff person as a helper to maintain exhibits, greet guests, watch the door, help with unloading and re-loading and any other activities like cake-cutting that will make your party go smoothly.
Additional staff are available for hire for any party at your request.
What if we have more than 8 children for a Birthday Room rental?
Birthday Party Room rentals are limited to 8 children and 16 adults. We encourage hosts inviting more than 8 children to reserve a Private Party or an Exclusive Museum rental instead. Any children over the 8 permitted will be charged an additional $25 per child (over 12 months) and adult over the 16 permitted will be charged an additional $8.50. Guests will not be charged directly so hosts should check in with the Front Desk at the end of your party to settle expenses.
Is admission to the museum included in the price of my party?
Admission for all children and adults is included in the cost of all parties.
Can my guests stay in the Museum after my party
As long as the museum is open, guests for Birthday Party Room and Private Party rentals are welcome to stay until closing.
Can we have decorations?
Hosts are welcome to decorate their rented party space with the following conditions:
- Decorations may not be affixed with nails, push pins, tape or other adhesive that removes paint. Painter's tape is recommended.
- All decorations must be removed at the end of your party. Habitot is not responsible for decorations left behind.
- Latex balloons are not permitted. Mylar balloons are OK.
- Decorations may not be draped over lighting tracks (this is a fire hazard). Ceiling pipes may be used.
- We do encourage you to bring table cloths or plastic coverings for tables.
- Pinatas are not permitted in any birthday party space.
Can we use the kitchen in the Annex?
The Private Party is the only party that may use the kitchen for warming food. Hosts for all parties may have access to the refrigerator and freezer depending on availability. (Busy party days in the winter months may only allow use of the refrigerator during your party).
Hosts of Exclusive Museum rentals after hours may temporarily store food in the refrigerator/freezer and your attendant will retrieve your food as you need it. Hosts of Exclusive Museum rentals may occupy and fully use the kitchen facilities for an additional fee of $200 which covers the cost of a second party attendant.
Can we bring our own food and drinks?
Hosts are welcome to bring their own food and drinks with some exceptions:
- NO peanuts or nuts of any kind or any peanut- or nut-containing foods are permitted (please read labels).
- No alcohol may be served without express permission from us which can be granted to Exclusive Museum rental parties ONLY upon 1) signing our alcohol waiver and 2) providing evidence of additional insured on your homeowner's policy for the date of your party.
- Hosts must make an effort to clean up guests' food and beverage spills during your party to avoid permanent soiling of Habitot's carpets. Significant damage from food and beverages will result in additional charges.
Is there parking for our guests?
Hosts for all parties receive validated parking stickers for one car for two hours (unlimited time after hours) at the Allston Way garage. Guests may park at metered spaces on the street ($2.65/90 min credit cards accepted); or any of the public parking garages on Kittredge, Allston and Oxford. An elevator entrance to Habitot can be found at the end of a well-marked alley just across the street from the Allston parking garage. Public garages charge approximately $2.50 per hour, prices subject to change.
Where can we unload our party goods?
Party goods can be unloaded at our main entrance at the corner of Kittredge St. and Harold Way. A two-car yellow zone is on Harold Way and a life is available to lower your party goods to the Habitot level. A flatbed cart and/or a moving dolly can be made available for your use. Park in the loading zone, come in and let staff know you are here and they can help you.
Can you store my party goods before the party?
Nonperishable party goods may be stored up to 24 hrs. before your party.
Can you provide gift bags?
Yes, absolutely! Gift bags start at $6 per bag and can be tailored to the ages and interests of your guests. All party bags include a $1 off admission pass. Contact us at 510-647-1111 x14 or email@example.com. Order form with options available here.
Do you provide invitations?
Yes, we provide a color digital file of a fill-in invitation that includes a map of nearby parking, the Museum address and a $1 off future admission. You may print one for each of your guests or attach it electronically to your e-vites.
Do you offer catering, food, or cake deliveries?
Yes, we do. We can order and deliver cupcakes, pizza, beverages and other special requests with three weeks notice. Contact us at 510-647-1111 x14 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
back to top